July 10, 2012

Book Lust

Came across the following humorous post on a Logos Bible Software forum (as I consider the desirability of this resource):
I recently upgraded to the Portfolio base product because of several resources in it which I'd had on my wish list for some time which I realized would be cheaper to buy if I simply upgraded to that highest package, and it came with a bunch of other stuff too, which I wasn't really wanting, but some of which I've found to be interesting. I said here on the forum after upgrading "There is nothing left in my 'books to lust after' list" -- but it turned out that it didn't take me long (two days!) to start going through Logos's entire catalogue of books to see if there was anything else they had which I might be interested in buying someday, and sure enough, I've populated my book-lust-list again.

Ecclesiastes 5:10 says it well (with my amendments due to a recently discovered textual error in the original manuscripts): "He who loves money books never has money books enough."  Here is the more extended version...which seems to have been translated from the corrected manuscripts:
10Those who love books never have enough;

those who love Logos are never satisfied with their library.

This too is meaningless.

11 As resources increase,

so do those who consume them.

And what benefit are they to the owners

except to feast their eyes on them?

12 The sleep of basic Bible Study owners is sweet,

whether they read little or much,

but the abundance of Portfolio owners

permits them no sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

However that may be I prefer to just1word Bible apps. Their Catholic bible app is really good.

TS said...

The more Bible apps, the better!